Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Visit to Free Technology for Teachers Blog

I recently went to free technology for teachers blog (http://www.freetech4teachers.com/) and I was amazed with how many resources and ideas were on this blog.  Just reading through the different resources I started to think about all the great ways I could use them in my classroom.  For example, the "overlap maps" resource is amazing.  Students can visually see the relative size of different countries, cities, provinces, etc.  They can even compare the size of one place to the size of another place.  I definitely could see myself using this in the classroom during a social studies/geography unit.  Another resource I found really interesting was the "5 free tools for curating educational videos from across the web."  I think a lot of people always go straight for youtube and think that is the only resource for free educational videos, but there are more out there!  This blog talks about Miro, Squrl, yokto, plizy, and chill.  I think this blog has amazing resources for all teachers, not matter what grade they are teaching.  The best part is all the technology mentioned is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment