Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TedxPhilly Video

I really enjoyed this video.  I initially watched it when I was looking at another teachers blog and I was really interested in how she said her students responded to the video.  The video is motivating and really brings to life an interesting point in that we should be letting our students work on/learn things they are interested in and good at.  We should focus on strengthening their strengths and not focus on immediately finding areas they are struggling with and ignoring areas they strive in.  Before watching this video I never really thought about it, but it is true.  We are always trying to find areas students need to improve in and in return let their strengths go unnoticed or get put on the back-burner until they get better at the things they are not good at.  I would be curious to listen to a secondary education's reaction to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment